Monday 17 August 2015

Bwah?

So... I applied for Ubisoft's Graduate Program a while back. App was accepted, got the test... then probably proceeded to fail it pretty badly. I'm not sure if I really want to try again next year. Seeing those questions, because I don't have a CS degree and didn't take certain courses because they weren't offered at the time (and probably weren't offered for a little while after I had graduated), I have a lot of holes in my knowledge base. Still, slowly working on learning other things.

Then recently applied to another posting. Development Tester. I'm liking that job's description a lot more, especially with the whole tester-programmer pairing thing. I don't think the questions they asked were too hard... Except that I don't think I interact with my supervisors enough to really know what they would tell me to improve. They mostly just assign a task, I do it. And that 5-year question... Answering honestly here shouldn't be a detriment. I do want to be writing code, or even doing research within that time period. I think it's reasonable.


So... Just waiting to see what happens. I'm really hoping that I get the Dev Tester position. It'd be a great way to get a feel of the dev process first hand while also learning on the job. Besides, don't people learn more about the job while actually doing their job~?

In the meantime, learning about some raytracing. SIGGRAPH finished not too long ago, and was attempting to keep up with my twitter feed.

No comments:

Post a Comment