Monday 24 February 2014

Cleaning

After a little bit of struggle, finally broke one of my laptops open. It's actually quite similar in structure to the Aspire 4750G, which was nice. The lappy's just reached 2 years old now, going onto its third. It really shouldn't have that much dust in it, but what can you do. It happens. The only problem I have with it right now is that the Enter key feels... different. Must have accidentally hit something along the keyboard component that has loosened it. It'll only really be a problem when typing on it directly. Usually going to be using the mechanical on top of it.

Also. Fun thing about asking for some compressed air. I was expecting to get a can of air. What I got was a tank of it, although of very little air. It was pretty funny since when I first saw the tank, I couldn't figure out what was in it. It looked like your typical propane tank for a BBQ unit. Turns out it was just air. Go figure. Wanted to apply a new layer of thermal paste for my CPU. Couldn't get to it without further prying, and I wanted to get the unit back online within the day since the Dell's absolutely horrible with its wireless more than half the time, so I'm going to leave it for another time. Pretty annoying. It's running a little cooler now. Just need to figure out a few things with the GAM532 labs since something seems to have gone horribly wrong somewhere after I tried to include a .gitignore file. I may need to nuke it... something I really don't want to do. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment